Dear Mr. Tolbert,
As a Premier Member and on behalf of the many Premier Members who are looking forward to the reopening of the Resort golf course this December, I am writing you to express deep concern about a massive construction project which is planned adjacent to almost the entire fourth hole of the Resort. It is Mizner 200— a single 960-foot long, ten-story high building that will intrude on our golf course more than the ugly Via Mizner Phase I which now dominates the seventh hole. The design is so intrusive that it will require almost a 900 foot long, 100 foot high net to protect residents from errant golf balls. It is anything but “Mizneresque” in its design.
Some years ago, the Resort was instrumental in convincing Boca’s City Council to block an equally massive development project— the original Via Mizner plan— along Federal Highway and Camino. As a result of the Resort’s involvement, the building was redesigned from one massive to three separate structures. I hope that on behalf of its Members and guests the Resort will be equally vociferous in opposing Mizner 200 as it is now proposed. The building will be considered by the Community Appearance Board and the Planning and Zoning Boards next week. The real test will come when it faces approval from Boca’s City Council, where I believe the Resort has some influence.
Details about Mizner 200 are included below.
John C. Gore
COMING TO DOWNTOWN BOCA: ‘MONSTER’ 200
Next week will be an important one for the future of already overcrowded downtown Boca Raton. That is because both the Community Appearance Board (CAB) and the Planning and Zoning Board (P&Z) will consider an application from developer Elad to build Mizner 200, an enormous three block long single condominium building on SE Mizner Boulevard. The building is a monster— almost as long as the Empire State building is tall; bigger even that the gigantic Palmetto Promenade project which is already snarling traffic to and from our beaches. It is the wrong style and the wrong scale for our neighborhood.
WE NEED A STRONG TURNOUT AT BOTH THE CAB AND P&Z MEETINGS TO TELL BOCA’S “PLANNERS” THAT MIZNER 200 SHOULD BE SENT BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD. THIS IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN BOCA’S FUTURE. Public comments are welcome and we should take full advantage of this opportunity.
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 1st The CAB meeting will be at 7 pm at the Community Center Annex Building, 260 Crawford Boulevard.
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 3rd The P&Z meeting will be at 6:30 pm at the City Council Chambers at City Hall, 201 W. Palmetto Park Road.
If you want to help, please attend the meetings and please send an e-mail opposing Mizner 200 to the members of the Planning and Zoning Board and the Community Appearance Board, Their e-mails are listed below. Thank you to those that sent emails after our last communication. The more voices heard the better!!! Thank you!
COMMUNITY APPEARANCE BOARD
- Ms. Jessica Dornblaser Jessica@evergladesgroup.co
- Mr. John Kronawitter email@example.com
- Mr. William Lamson firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr. Krsto Stamatovski K@StudioKarchitects.com
- Mr. Mark Jacobson Mark@dsboca.com
- Mr. Joe Peterson email@example.com
- Mr. Tiery J. Boykin firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr. Alan West email@example.com
PLANNING AND ZONING BOARD
- Mr. Richard Coffin RCoffin@ci.boca-raton.fl.us
- Mr. William E. Fairman WFairman@ci.boca-raton.fl.us
- Mr. Glenn Gromann GGromann@ci.boca-raton.fl.us
- Ms. Janice Rustin Janice.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr. Kerry B. Koen KKoen@ci.boca-raton.fl.us
- Mr. Arnold Sevell ASevell@ci.boca-raton.fl.us
- Mr. Larry Cellon email@example.com
THE BOCA RATON CITY COUNCIL
- Mayor Susan Haynie firstname.lastname@example.org
- Robert Weinroth email@example.com
- Mike Mullaugh firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scott Singer email@example.com
- Jeremy Rodgers firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.